Cloud-based Microsoft Exchange business email from the world’s largest independent Canadian provider.
Our responsibilities to our customers include: MailStratus Hosted Service Provider shall:
- Supply, house, power, and maintain the hardware, datacenter infrastructure, and Internet connectivity.
- Maintain all firewalls and other Internet infrastructure properly, applying any firmware or other patches promptly to ensure appropriate security.
- Apply all appropriate upgrades and patches to the MHCI (MailStratus Hosted Cloud Infrastructure).
- Consult by phone or by e-mail with the client’s designated technical contacts regarding the proper administration and setup of your hosted services.
- Assist the client’s technical contacts in resolving problems with the hosted services. This responsibility extends to MailStratus contacting the infrastructure vendor to identify and resolve software and hardware issues. It does not extend to resolving operating system or application-level issues or any end-user environment, unless covered by a IT managed support contract.
- Upon termination of this agreement for whatever cause, if the client is current on all prior invoices and agrees to pay the service cancellation fees, MailStratus will copy the client’s hosted organization data to a client- supplied USB drive or other mutually agreed medium within three business days after such request.
- Properly license all software running on the virtual servers.
- Defend, indemnify, and hold harmless MailStratus, its officers, directors, employees, suppliers, agents, and assigns from any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, or damages, including lawyer’s fees, related to or arising out of (i) client’s unauthorized, improper, or unlicensed use of any third party’s software; or (ii) client’s unauthorized use of any third party’s proprietary or confidential intellectual property or information, including without limitation, patents, copyrights, licensed material, or trade secrets; or (iii) client’s unauthorized or improper use of any individual’s personal information in contravention of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada, or similar acts by any Canadian federal or provincial government, or any other government of competent jurisdiction.
- Be responsible for any client-installed software. MailStratus reserves the right to charge, on a per hour basis, for modifications and maintenance to the virtual server and operating system as a result of client-installed software.
- Be responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of the client’s applications and Web site.
- If a client hosted environment is used for a publicly accessible Web site or an online service of any sort, be responsible for any products or services and all content and materials appearing online or incorporated into the client’s products and services, including without limitation (az) the accuracy and appropriateness of content and materials appearing within the Web site or related to the client’s products and services, (b) ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the Web site or related to the client’s products and services do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, and (c) ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the Web site or related to the client’s products and services are not libelous or otherwise illegal. The client shall also be solely responsible for accepting, processing, filling, and billing any orders, and handling any inquiries or complaints arising from public access to the virtual server.
- Be responsible for the effects of any security policy it implements on its hosted solution.
- Designate up to two (2) technical administrators (tech admins). These tech admins and only these tech admins are authorized to contact MailStratus technical support.
- Abide by the requirements of the MailStratus Acceptable Use Policy, particularly those requirements concerning spam, bulk mail, and illegal content.
Solution Setup and Activation Within five (5) business days of receipt of the client’s acceptance of the order signified by signing the Quotation Form, MailStratus shall provision the requested MailStratus virtual servers and inform the client when they are ready for use. Solution Availability and Support MailStratus Hosted Service Availability and Performance Service Availability
- Availability is defined as each virtual server: i) Is running as determined by VMware’s vCenter™ Manager ii) Has access to both the SAN and to the Internet
- Target: minimum 99.9 percent availability for each virtual server during each month.
- Outages due to fire, flood, acts of God, or war
- Problems with client applications, operating systems, LAN, or Internet connections
- Outages due to any change made by any non-MailStratus employee
- Scheduled maintenance: maximum one hour per week between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. client’s local time, announced at least three days in advance; with the exception that MailStratus may schedule an emergency security update upon less notice or during other hours
- Outages experienced at an individual end-user’s PC
- MailStratus will provide the client with technical support for the our our offered hosted solution that is causing a complete interruption of service, but not a problem due to the operating system or a client application
- MailStratus will provide best-effort support for a problem or question regarding the use or configuration of the hosted solution because this is the responsibility of the client. Assistance is available from MailStratus at its published Professional Service fees
- Normal business hours for support are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, excluding Canadian national holidays
- Time to respond is within a four-hour window during normal business hours and a best-effort outside normal business hours
Client e-mail technical support:
- Standard support e-mail hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, excluding Canadian national holidays
- Emergency support e-mail hours: 24 hours, 7 days per week, excluding Canadian national holidays
- Emergency on-call MailStratus technical support staff can be reached via pager: 613.719.3202 or contact technical support by e-mail:email@example.com@mailstratus.com
Client phone technical support:
- Phone hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Friday, excluding Canadian national holidays
- Toll free phone number: 866.720.7162
- Client tech admins are prefered to request technical support from MailStratus technical support personnel
- Upon contacting Technical Support, the client will be required to provide contact information and a full description of the problem including error messages, screenshots, and other troubleshooting information as requested by MailStratus Technical Support personnel
- MailStratus’ time to respond to technical support issues depends on the complexity of the inquiry and support requests volume. MailStratus assigns the highest priority to client inquiries related to the servers’ unavailability. These issues are addressed first upon notification from the client. The time to respond guarantee does not apply to any inquiries that require extensive research and testing
- MailStratus commits that the MailStratus hosted solutions will continue to function without chronic outages after its acceptance. If a MailStratus hosted solution suffers from chronic outages, then the client may cancel the service without incurring any early termination penalty for that service.
- Chronic outages are defined as five or more service interruptions, each lasting two hours or more, within any period of 30 consecutive calendar days. A service request must be opened for each service interruption while the interruption is occurring, and a tech admin must provide reasonable assistance while the MailStratus Technical Support personnel attempts to resolve the problem. The client must give notice of intent to cancel within seven calendar days after the fifth service interruption. MailStratus shall then have 30 calendar days, known as the resolution period to resolve the problem. The problem shall be deemed to be unable to be resolved by MailStratus if there are more than two service interruptions of two hours or more within 30 calendar days after the resolution period.
- The acceptance of the solution shall not be delayed if facilities, equipment, services, or applications not ordered from MailStratus is not functional.
- The solution activation date shall be the date when hosted solution are: i) Operational ii) Administrative access to the hosted organization/service is provided to the client. If the client has not entered a service request to report a problem with the solution within five business days from the date which MailStratus provided administrative access to the client, known as the solution acceptance period then the solution shall be deemed accepted effective upon the solution activation date.
- If the client discovers a problem with the hosted solution within the 5-day solution acceptance period, then MailStratus shall rectify the problem, and inform the client when the hosted solution is ready and this shall be the new solution activation date. Client shall again have five (5) business days to test and accept the solution.